The Henry Arthur Callis Education Foundation 2017 Scholarship Award Recipients and their parents were recognized at a reception on June 10th at the Ward Meade Clubhouse. The HAC Scholarships were awarded to:
- Joshaua R. Bussey, graduate of Pebblebrook High School, will major in Theatre at Howard University. He is the son of Princess and Nic Starr.
- Derek K. Goshay, graduate of Lassiter High School, will enroll at Yale University to study Biology. He is the son of Kay and Derek Goshay.
- Evan M. Joseph, graduate of Lassiter High School, will attend LSU to study Petroleum Engineering. His parents are Bridgette and Stan Joseph.
- LaShawn K. Roach, graduate of Pebblebrook High School will attend Columbus State University as a Theatre major. He is the son of Gretamaria Peeples.
- Austin A. Scott, graduate of Kennesaw Mountain High School, will attend Marquette University to study Mechanical Engineering. He is the son of Dr. and Mrs. Vincent Scott.
- Kai P. Shearer, Marietta High School, attending Tennessee State University to study Marketing Management. His parents are Karen and Phil Shearer.
- Jaydon Taylor, graduate of Marietta High School and will be attending Mercer University to major in Pharmacy. He is the son of Dr. Gregory and Shellie Taylor of Marietta.
The Scholarship Award Reception was hosted by the Callis Foundation Board of Directors and the Cobb County chapter of Alpha Phi Alpha Fraternity on Saturday, June 10th. Pictured below with their families, holding certificates, are (L-R) Evan Joseph, Austin Scott, LaShawn Roach, Joshua Bussey, Kai Shearer, Jaydon Taylor and Derek Goshay.
Visit www.CallisFoundation.org for more information on the Henry Arthur Callis Education Foundation.